Monday, October 20, 2008

Rumors...


Well, I guess I can try and keep you updated on rumors of possible Indians transactions. That way, if something happens, I can say "you heard it here first".

As I said yesteday, Mark Shapiro said a 1,2 or 3 starting pitcher is a priority for the Indians. And as I said, Mike Mussina would like to be close to home for a competitive team, which should include the Indians. The person I threw out there, without hearing anything, is Jon Garland.
Today it is reported that supposedly the Indians are making a run at Derek Lowe. But, I don't expect that to happen. One, even though Lowe said money will not be his main concern, his agent is Scott Boras. Two, supposedly the following teams also have expressed interest... "Yankees, Mets, Tigers, Red Sox, Cardinals, Cubs, Angels, Braves, Phillies, Rangers, Astros, and Blue Jays. " - (The Boston Globe).

But anyways, it was reported, so I will report it to I suppose. But that is all for now.

Also, not sure if you saw, but I guess Vegas has picked the Rays to win the series, but the main reason for that is to protect themselves from losing too much money. They had 200-1 odds going into the season, and apparently a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon, not necesarily in March, but early enough in the year, that they are due for a big pay day. So I guess the odds now are $1.35 - $1. Meaning, if you pay $1.35 and the Rays win, you would win a dollar,.. so you would lose money. At least that is how I understand it.

And lastly, Cliff Lee today was announced as the AL Outstanding Pitcher by the MLBPA (the players) and also the AL Pitcher of the Year by the Sporting News.

No comments: